Thursday, August 28, 2008

Today

I'm feeling depressed now due to my utter inability to hear Japanese phrases. I'm referring to my Japanese listening, of course. I think most people don't realise that A level Japanese is such a difficult subject to score in. Seriously. Most of us would be ELATED to get an A. It seems so far out of reach! We were the best of our cohort in secondary school and now we have to try to be the best of the best. Plus we get practically zero exposure to Japanese in our daily lives. We have to take our own initiative to read and listen to Japanese. Students really take the resources given for granted. In a subject like Japanese or KI self-study is the word. Also, the achievements of some of my classmates in the language go largely unnoticed.

My classmate said after the horrible test today that the experience alone of going to Japan made studying h2 Japanese worth it. That's the kind of passion you get from a student of Japanese. I don't think you can find this level of passion from all students of, say, Physics. What has kept me going all this while is my passion for the language and culture and my supportive classmates. Everyone tries to help each other and we sincerely want everyone to do well.

I'm too tired to translate this post. Maybe later.

No comments: