Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The 100th post

Wow I can't believe I reached 100 posts so quickly! To commemorate this here's a photo of our orchids on my sis' table (we have a few varieties actually). Just stating the obvious: they're blooming!


Orchids are one of my favourite flowers. They come in so many varieties with unusual shapes and exotic colours. I like simple ones the most. My love of orchids may have stemmed from watching this Channel 8 drama when I was young. Can't remember the name but it featured Thomas Ong and Fann Wong as the leads. I particularly recall this scene, I think one of the last few scenes in the show, in which they are on an orchid farm at night and suddenly the camera pans out for an amazing shots of orchids glowing in the dark. I'm not sure but I think such a variety exists only in the show.

Me and my sis were reminiscing about past Channel 8 dramas which in our opinion are so much better than the ones now. The ones we watched include 福满人间 (possibly my favourite), 豆腐街, 八仙过海, something with cranes and Ann Kok, The Price of Peace (can't remember the Chinese name), some doctor drama, and 啸傲江湖 (hope I got the characters right). Some of them had nice theme songs as well. I have no idea why but Channel 8 dramas seem to have gone downhill since then. I think the last one I watched was Holland Village. As for my favourite actors, I thought Chew Chor Meng was hilarious in 福满人间 and so was Xie Shaoguang in 八仙过海. Gimme back my Channel 8 dramas!

No comments: