Sunday, August 3, 2008

Making Teachers' Day cards

My mum's back from Abu Dhabi and this means I've got my camera back! Yay! No more blurry handphone photos.

Spent a major part of my day yesterday making teachers' day cards with my sister. Each of us made four. They turned out BEAUTIFULLY. You should really see her's- three of them are pop-up cards with a teatime-themed one in particular that I really like. I took CLEAR, BRIGHT photos for catalogue purposes (as a practice we know take photos of everything we make- you never know when they might come in handy, maybe for commissions from other people). I've capitalized my words because I realized what a huge difference the camera quality makes in photos. Unless the camera is intentionally meant to give a raw, blurry feel, like polaroid cameras. I'll post pictures later once I get the time to load photos into my computer.

But the most important consideration when making cards is- the recipient must like them! I am particularly anxious about this because I really like my teachers and I wish to express my heartfelt gratitude to them. I feel truly grateful for the individual attention they have showered on me and their belief in my ability. I've had wonderful, supportive teachers in my life and in that aspect I think I've been more blessed than my sis.

I considered getting my teachers other gifts but decided a nice card alone is best. That, plus a commitment to work hard for their subjects :) I should think teachers have accumulated a pile of gifts over the years and are not in want of more. So, I really hope they like my cards!

No comments: