Monday, August 18, 2008

How young is too young?

Is there such a thing as TOO YOUNG when it comes to fashion? Well, how about 12 years old? I recently discovered the fashion blog of a 12-year old girl, Tavi, aptly named Style Rookie. I greatly enjoyed perusing her blog. Maybe it's because of the quirky and occasionally crazy dress-up pictures. It reminds of what fashion is supposed to be in the first place- light-hearted and experimental. Taking yourself too seriously just takes the fun out of it. I'm also amazed at her sense of style at such a young age. I think I was still wearing Bugs Bunny T-shirts tucked into skirts when I was twelve, only that I secretly raided my mum's wardrobe and played dress-up in her clothes at home. Of course, none of her clothes looked good on me because they were made for women much older. These photos put me to shame:







She recently cut her hair and it looks so cute! Makes me want to cut mine even more.

No comments: