Monday, March 9, 2009

Japanese fashion designers rock.

Seriously, they do. How they keep performing technical wizardry in every collection is a mystery to me. I'd originally planned a post with a different, non-fashion (ok, not strictly fashion) topic, but the collections I saw were too good to pass up on. I miss checking the new collections for one day, and suddenly I'm bombarded with amazing stuff. So much that I can't keep up.

Junya Watanabe, Comme des Garcons and Issey Miyake were all insanely good (sorry Tao, too frou-frou for me) but I admit being partial to CDG. Rei hasn't shown a collection this good in years! Take a look for yourself:










I feel that this is the Comme des Garcons that I originally fell in love with- distortion of clothing form to create something new and beautiful.

No comments: