Friday, October 10, 2008

MARNI






It's great to see the cheerful but luxe mix of colours and prints at Marni. I detect a sixties vibe in the geometric and polka dot prints, the candy colours and the retro-shaped glasses. Marni is known for their statement jewellery, and they certainly do not disappoint. I love the bold neckpieces, cuffs and earrings. The Marni girl is no shrinking violet! I think it's lucite they're using, which allows them to create interesting flower and petal-like shapes and introduce colour gradation. The overall effect is very striking. I noticed that the organic form of some of the jewellery is echoed in the floral print of some dresses, which lends some cohesiveness. I liked the shoes too, but they're WAY TOO HIGH, like all designer shoes nowadays. Now where can I find coloured lucite jewellery???!

No comments: