Thursday, April 23, 2009

My favourite quote from The Alchemist:

"I had a dream, and I met with a king. I sold crystal and crossed the desert. And, because the tribes declared war, I went to the well, seeking the alchemist. So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you."

----- Santiago

If you think about it, many things in life are the culmination of a series of events. If you were to remove a single link in the chain, things might not turn out the way they have and you would not be the person you are now. In this sense, everything good that has happened to you is actually a miracle, as innumerable factors must play in your favour for it to occur. You may call it luck, or you may call it fate. In any case, it simply reaffirms how precious love is.

No comments: