Sunday, June 21, 2009

I got the rainy night I'd hoped for yesterday. Perfect. On such nights my sis and I would play some of our most-loved songs like Clocks and True and chill out in our tiny spot of a room. I just enjoy lazing in bed and listening to the pattering of the rain outside.

Last night I also got to work on designing a capsule collection. For my upcoming interview with DesignSingapore council, not only do I have to bring my portfolio, I also have the option of presenting on a piece of work. I'd feel stupid just holding up a drawing and trying to talk about it for a reasonable length of time, so I came up with the idea of doing an A2-sized 'mood board' cum design board on a small collection, maybe about 4-6 looks. We'll see how it goes.

The folder format of my portfolio I have now (as opposed to the digital files) is from 2 years ago, hence obviously I have to throw everything out and compile a new one. That, coupled with the new board I'm doing, is taking up all of my time. It astonishes me how much my drawings from last time suck, even those that are somewhat recent. In addition, I'm trying to convert my portfolio from a fine arts one to more fashion-based.

All in all, I'm not sure whether these strategies will work, but I'm willing to take a gamble and try everything I can to get that scholarship. I don't even know what questions they'll ask. Work is the best way to take my mind off worrying and feelig nervous.

No comments: