Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Zine

I've got so many things to post about that I don't know where to start. First is the zine that I completed some time ago for the Craftster Zine Swap. I sent it to 10 partners overseas yesterday. You can see the swap gallery here, which should be heating up with activity soon.
Here are the page designs done on GIMP:
The completed zine- printed double-sided on pale yellow construction paper, folded and stapled at the spine. Basically it's a mismash of articles on topics in art, architecture, photography and fashion. It's got rather few pages because of my limited budget (shipping alone costs a ton), but overall I like the look of it. I think the yellow paper was a good choice.

So excited to receive other people's zines! I'll definitely post about those I like when I get my hands on them. I recently discovered Issuu, and I'll try to upload my zine there so it'll be in a web-friendly format. I've just got to figure out the technical aspects of it first.

No comments: