Saturday, May 2, 2009

I'm feeling glum because my favourite contestant has been eliminated from American Idol. That's right, it's Matt Giraud. Somehow I always like the songs he picks and I look forward to his performance and studio recording every week. I guess we share similar musical tastes. He really has a great studio voice- listening to the My Funny Valentine track made me upset all over again because I remembered that he sang it as his exit song. I don't know why, but it was even more touching then than during his earlier performance.

Now that I think about it, at least he left on a good note. My Funny Valentine might be his best studio work to date. The jazz-lover that is me thoroughly enjoyed Rat Pack Standards Night. Do people who watch American Idol listen to the studio versions? I do, and I like to compare it to the live performances. I've compiled a playlist on my Youtube account of Matt's studio ones for easy listening.

Who will I support now? Frankly, I was leaning towards Adam as my second favourite, but I'm not so sure now. While I think his performances are brilliant, I guess his singing style isn't exactly suited to my liking after all. I think I'll judge from the performances henceforth.

No comments: