Wednesday, April 30, 2008

School seems to be becoming progressively routine and boring these days. Perhaps it is due to the strange, stuffy, oppressive feeling we seem to be having these days, the feeling of inevitability, of something approaching. The A levels, in other words. It feels like I no longer have space to breathe in school. I don't think that's the feeling a school should be fostering.

It feels surreal that my 12 years of compulsory education is going to end this year. For the first time in my life, I have complete freedom to choose which path I want to pursue. I'm fortunate in the sense that my parents are supportive of whatever I want to do. So ultimately it's up to me to determine what I want to do with my life. It feels scary, yet thrilling at the same time. While I believe that teaching is a very important job, I feel no desire to take it upon myself as I'm in no hurry to return to the same school environment. So no, I'm not going to become a teacher.

No comments: