Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Car for my birthday? No thanks

With some of my friends seemingly preparing to take driving tests, I think it's time I made a confession.

I'm TERRIFIED of driving.

How terrified? So terrified that I have nightmares of me driving or sitting in a doomed car. I don't know how, or if I'm ever going to take a driving test.

I suppose it's just like my fear of elevators and closing doors (elevator doors, ticket barriers, MRT carriage doors). My pulse used to quicken when confronted with them, and I'd be numb and incapable of doing anything. I had to rely on people to pull me inside. Thankfully, I've gotten over those fears now but my fear of driving remains. A reason I was so happy in OBS is that I discovered that I have NO FEAR of being at great heights, unlike many.

I wonder if I could just stick to public transportation to get around in Singapore?

No comments: