Monday, March 22, 2010

As part of my pledge to watch more films, I suscribed to Netflix this spring break and managed to finish:
The September Issue
Julie & Julia
Up
Pan's Labyrinth

All were delightful. I think I'll cancel my subscription though as I highly doubt I'll have the time when school starts.

Films have been on my mind lately, including classic ones. I enjoyed both Federico Fellini's 8 1/2 and Alain Resnais' Last Year at Marienbad, which I saw for my English class. Wish I could take film classes.

I also had a marathon of Anthony Bourdain's travel television show, No Reservations. Love that guy's meat-eating, mouth-cussing swagger. It reminded me how much I've yet to see of the world. I mean, Azores? Sardinia? Where on Earth are they? Yet they were two of my favourite episodes. So I'm really excited to be (tentatively) visiting Abu Dhabi this summer. My mum is tantalizing me with descriptions of yummy Middle Eastern flatbreads, dates, olive oil and hummus already.

No comments: