Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Japan

I went to Japan this holiday for almost 2 weeks and it was an amazing experience! I can't describe how gratifying it is to finally be able to visit the birthplace of the language I've been studying for four years. WOW. There's just too many things to talk about in one post, but I'll give an outline of our itinery. I went with my mother, sister and eldest brother. For the first seven days, we were attached to a tour group which brought us to places in Honshyu like Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto. Then we took a domestic flight to Kagoshima in Kyushyu, where my uncle (my mother's younger brother) lives with his family. My uncle drove us to Nagasaki. We stayed a total of three days in Kyushyu, then returned to Tokyo to tour it on our own for two days. From this trip I learned alot about the fascinating culture of the Japanese, even experiencing life in a typical Japanese home.

No comments: