Saturday, December 16, 2006

Breakfast

What remains of our scrumptious breakfast one morning. We had caramelized Japanese sweet potato, octopus omelette, rice cakes, green tea cake, fruit juice (their fruit juices taste much more natural), and teppanyaki which consisted of beef and pork. I realised how good beef and pork can taste when I ate it in Japan. Their beef and pork is so tender, definitely of a much better quality than those in Singapore. My aunt often goes to the mountains to pick chestnuts and gingko nuts. She cooks the chestnuts in brandy, making them taste heavenly, and roasts the gingko nuts. I'm missing Japanese food really badly. The seafood, pork, rice, pickles, ramen, miso soup, sukiyaki, shabu-shabu, teppanyaki, yakiniku, everything! How come people who went to Japan never told me how good the food was?

No comments: