Wednesday, January 9, 2008

It's only been a week since school started and already it feels like it's been going on forever. I'm worried about whether I've bitten off more than I can chew but I'm confident that if I work hard I can manage well. When buying a pastry from BreadTalk, I was very pleased to hear the lady in front of me and a gentleman behind me both decline a plastic bag. Hopefully this means that eco-fever is catching on in Singapore.

I'm quite amazed that some people are unaware that NJ is an AEP school. Someone didn't even know that Art is an A-level subject! The most common reaction I get is "What do you do in Art, draw?" Ah well. I thought about how art seems absent in most people's lives. I realized that it might be due to the somewhat exclusive nature of the art world. Ordinary people can hardly afford to collect great art. However, I think we all should have a little art in our world, not just visual art but other art forms like dance, theatre and music as well.

Some photos of Waseda Senior High School in Japan which I visited:

No comments: