Sunday, June 22, 2008

Yay! I know this sounds silly but I FINALLY learnt how to insert a picture into my blog header. Now I just have to find a suitable picture. This blog was tremendously useful- it simplifies everything for computer-idiots like me: http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/

I'm currently busy with my japanese coursework and speech. I'm researching and writing on overcrowding in Tokyo and the waste output of the Japanese. Have I ever said what a HEADACHE it is to read and understand complicated issues in JAPANESE?! Even worse, I sometimes phrase sentences like "Tokyo is plagued by the problem of overcrowding" in English in my head and then wonder how the heck to translate it. I try to think in Japanese but often an English sentence just creeps in. Usually a direct translation is not possible. I'd have to change the above sentence to mean something like "The government is worried by the problem of overcrowding" or "Overcrowding is a serious problem in Tokyo", etc. Gah. This tedious process just fills me with admiration for my third language class buddy who maintains a blog in Japanese. You go, girl!

When I have more time I'll try to learn more about web design. I want to open a web store with my sis. Hopefully my foray into web design works- I'm such a klutz when it comes to these things! One thing I do know, though, is that when I set my mind to learning something I can achieve it. Oh yes, I need to learn how to do serious sewing as well. So many things, so little time.

No comments: