Sunday, April 4, 2010

My memories of a place are often tied to a certain song. Is it just me? For example, 'Lemon Tree' stands for Australia (specifically Melbourne and Sydney), and Cliff Richard's 'The Young Ones' is for Malaysia.

Now, Fleetwood Mac's 'You Make Loving Fun' will always remind me of a sunny afternoon, cruising down the streets of Los Angeles. Fleetwood Mac is a Southern California blues band, which explains why the song's vibe suits the mood of LA so well.

"... I never did believe in miracles
But I've a feeling it's time to try
I never did believe in the ways of magic
But I'm beginning to wonder why...

You make loving fun..."


Unfortunately, Youtube has disabled their function which allows me to post videos directly to my blog. Instead, here's a link to Fleetwood Mac's live performance of the song in 1977: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoMWa3jRtLo&feature=PlayList&p=6C35C37A4A3DCDDA&playnext_from=PL&index=1

P.S. I finally had the chance to buy from a taco truck on Thursday. Yay!

No comments: